Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Project Pleat and Fold


Having just finished my essay about the  Geisha I was inspired by Japanese culture but particularly the pleating and folding aspect of a Japanese kimono I would like to incorporate this aspect in my own work but also combining everything I have learnt in the past projects about fabric manipulation.

During my feedback, it was suggested that my colour were a bit dull and  I  need to be bolder so for this work I  will challenge myself by working with bright colours and using a new yarn such as silk also a new loom with more shafts.

Inspired by the colours from a geisha's kimono which has very rich colours in the clothing I want wanted to incorporate those colour in my warp.


(Japanese Geisha and Obi drawing pleats and fold)




(Warp colours yarn wrap)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Direction

For the compassion, I experimented with my initial photos by cutting copying and manipulation the image adding the different colour block...