Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Week Sixteen and Seventeen





In a tutorial, it was suggested that I need to look at other things that pleat and fold which will enable me to have a sufficient amount to images to work with.

I then went to gather visual inspiration of things that have a pleating a shrivelling affect surprisingly it was very hard to find objects what do this I then discovered that  architecture has some interesting surface structures which is similar to the folding shapes of the kimono.





(Photos taken in town)



Origami is very popular in Japan I attempted to fold pieces paper to discover what shapes and pleats make which helps me to visualise what 3D structures I might wish to create on the loom.  

I fold the paper into a fan-like shape studying it and taking photos of the  different composition of the piece.



                                 (Photos taken folding a fan paper)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Direction

For the compassion, I experimented with my initial photos by cutting copying and manipulation the image adding the different colour block...