Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Project three Forms and Structures




while experimenting with  Lycra at first I struggled to understand how to get a 3D effect in my samples my first few samples were not successful I had to experiment with the different tensions when pulling. One negative aspect of using this method is you cant see the structure until you cut off which has a negative impact on the tension on your loom.

Upon reflection, I believe live brief help me to understand you always need to try new things such as wool, at first I did not wish to use it but after using wool its help to feed my other projects.




















                                                     (yarn wraps panting and drawing)

In the second week, I was  thinking about my what how I might 
relate those qualities in my drawing to my samples my drawings are very textural so I bought some yarns from Linton tweeds which would best reflect those qualities. buying your own yarns helps me to appreciate materials and to be less wasteful with my yarn.

I was inspired by textured weave Lesley suggested that i look at the at the books in the weave room I discovered some high twist samples which really related to my rock image helping me to consider how I might develop my sample to create a structure.


                                                        (Drawing photo and inspiration)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Direction

For the compassion, I experimented with my initial photos by cutting copying and manipulation the image adding the different colour block...