Reflection
In week five I was struggling to relate my weaving samples to my drawings the structures and layout were lacking my relation to my initial source (natural forms texture and movement) however when I purchased the Jan Shenton weave book it helped me to understand what patterns reflect the line quality’s from my drawings.
For example, my rubbings from the tree trunk also portray this faded and sketchy feeling by experimenting with different textured yarns I discovered that each yarn portrays different qualities, for example, the black and white striped yarn.
By doubling this yarn creates a textural sketchy effect by incorporating this yarn with the spider weave pattern it portrays the same aspects from my initial drawings.
While thinking about my samples I can see that there is a clear connection from my initial sources and my final pieces.
However, I believe like that fabric manipulation could be taken further in my next project maybe adding a 3D element would work well?



No comments:
Post a Comment