Through the summer, natural forms inspired my work forms such as rocks trees and flowers. When looking at the forms I discovered that each natural form holds its own unique pattern and texture some were soft and smooth and others hard and sharp. I would like to explore the textural aspect in my future work.
Direction
From this, I developed a collection of drawings the tree trunk was one my favourites images to work with as it helped me to think about how I might, incorporate those free wavey line and texture into my weave samples.
Thinking about how I might develop my work further, my rubbings from trees reminds me of a rib pattern, other patterns I may use are spider weave and Ms and Os as they are more textural and linear qualities.
Artist Dagmar binder uses felt to create rippling and affect thought his pieces this is a good example of how one can manipulate fabric using such methods helps me to imagine how I might apply such method to my work.



No comments:
Post a Comment