Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Outward Facing





I wanted to push myself when weaving I responded by incorporating patterns that would be relevant to my chosen painting, however, having never worked with wool before I did not understand that the patterns look different as it's much more thicker than cotton.

When creating my samples I discovered that I did not like the bold colours in my option I would not wear such a bright piece as a scarf however my peers stated “it’s the best work I have done” I realized then, that a designer will not always create work that is to her taste but of the taste of their customers. 


                                                     (Quote Author unkown)

Direction 
                

Having the confidence to make decisions is something I need to improve on when creating my pieces I kept my samples simple as I thought the both a busy pattern and colour scheme would be too overpowering.  When reflecting back I could have experimented more with my samples and took more risk I will try to improve this in my next project by being bold with my choices and decision making such as composition, yarn colours, and pattern to include.



                                                  (Visualisations of samples)

 In my opinion, this is my most successful sample as I was much assertive with my choices and did not worry about it going wrong. A repetition of patterns worked well as they all complement each other as not one pattern outshines the other.



                                                      (Visualisations of samples)

I think, that this sample is not as successful as I have just repeated one pattern and colour through the piece, I need to consider the composition and adding more colours It a good start but more development is needed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Direction

For the compassion, I experimented with my initial photos by cutting copying and manipulation the image adding the different colour block...